Thursday, December 26, 2013

Support

I am so blessed to have such amazing people surrounding me in my life.  I was so afraid to share about my decision to have weight loss surgery and not because I was nervous about my decision but about what people would say. I have had nothing but support since starting to share and I am so blessed.

 When deciding to start this journey I made a decision that this would be a full mind/body and soul change for me.  I decided that I would not embark on this journey unless I was willing to put 100% into this.  I went to a weight loss support group through the program I am in and a gentleman spoke of his experience having surgery, and he said something that has become my mantra since early in the process.  “You will get out of this process, what you put into this process”.  

This is not an easy journey to take, the road to even get to surgery has been filled with appointments, requirements, challenges, and meeting goals that the doctors have placed on me.  I have had to change everything about how I think about food and process my thoughts around food and why it has been so important and such a focal point in my life thus far.

I look forward to sharing this path with those who want to follow so that I might be able to inspire or inform those who are considering surgery to become a  healthier you.

 
A journey begins with a single step, but the journey cannot begin until you take the first step.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment